Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Internship pondering

In less than two weeks, I will be going to my internship that I am very excited for. Some of the skills that I anticipate to use are assembling computers and problem solving in Windows 7. A question that’s been on my mind as I approach internship will be my commute. I hope that on the dry run to my internship, that I have no problems getting there. Another question I’ve wondered about is what kind of tasks will I have on my first day and if I will have training.

I hope to work in a business casual and friendly environment that is fast paced but not frenetically so. The kind of manager I hope to work under is attentive to detail and provides feedback that helps me grow.

I plan to stand out at my internship by being accountable by delivering my best every day and showing I have initiative and a hunger for learning all that I can. My plan for after my internship is to have hopefully earned a position but if not, I want to go back to college with a renewed direction and motivation that I’ve earned at Year Up.

1 comment: