Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Internship Readiness

Someone who is internship ready has qualities like adaptability, responsibility, dependability, and perhaps most importantly, a hunger for new learning experiences. Since each company has its own atmosphere and culture, one must be willing to be adaptable to a new environment in order to work well with others and excel. Responsibility and dependability go hand in hand, the intern knows what's expected of them and builds trust with others by being consistent, which in turn, adds value to the company. Most importantly, always striving to learn new things shows initiative, open mindedness and growth.

I plan to demonstrate internship readiness for Module 3 by striking a balance of making myself available to any of my colleagues that require assistance as well as giving them the respect of working individually. I will also continue to build onto all of the various skills I've learned or yet to learn, whether they are professional or technical.

One thing I plan to change for this module is my time management priorities. I have lost many hours of sleep due to this kind of procrastination and even though I've completed all of my assignments, it is something I need to improve in order to be more organized and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment